I love a good Pimms cocktail. I mean, I really really love a good Pimms cocktail. Pimms cocktails, also called a Pimms cup or simply Pimms, is a cocktail drink named after James Pimm, a shellfish monger from England who opened his famous Pimm’s Oyster Bar in 1823 in London. While originally created to aid digestion, Pimms is made from gin, quinine and herbs.Think of it as British sangria, made from a gin based spirit and mixed with lemon-lime soda for a fresh and light sparkle.
I enjoy Pimms on warm spring and summer days instead of wine or when I want to sit back and relive my student days in London.
- 3 parts diet lemon-lime soda
- 1 one part Pimm's
- 1 slice orange
- 1 slice lemon
- 2 slices cucumber
- 1 sliced strawberry
- Mint or lemon balm leaves
- Pour Pimm's into a glass half filled with ice.
- Add fruit and fill the glass with more ice.
- Top with lemon-lime soda, lightly stir and serve.
Got a comment?