My best (ever) hot chocolate recipe. Warm, creamy and steeped with chocolate flavor, this is by far the best recipe for hot chocolate anywhere. Try it on a cold day outside or fill up your thermos with it the next time you head for the ski slopes.
The Best Hot Chocolate Recipe
Author: Whitney Love
- 40 grams (1/3 cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 700ml (3 cups) milk
- 175ml (3/4 cup) heavy cream
- Combine the cocoa, sugar, salt and the milk in a medium sized saucepan.
- Bring this mixture to a simmer, continually stirring to prevent the sugar from burning.
- Simmer and stir for about 5 minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved and the cocoa powder is well incorporated.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the cream and stir for another minute or until the cream is well incorporated.
- Divide between 4 mugs.
- Enjoy as is or top with marshmallows.
One more cup please, this one’s to die for!! 🙂
Whitney Love says
Thanks – glad you liked it!