Carrots get a bad wrap and I for one am here to put my foot down about it. Carrots can serve as more than over-boiled, waterlogged orange rods during dinner. They are naturally sweet, crunchy and add a lot of color to one’s plate. Also, carrots pack a mean beta-carotene punch, which makes them a staple to eat in winter.
- 6 carrots, grated
- 150 g (1 cup) raisins
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the carrots and raisins, in a large salad bowl.
- Add in the mayonnaise and mix everything together.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.