Author: Whitney Love
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 3-4 deciliters (2½-3 cups) white breadcrumbs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 300 ml (1 ¼ cup) heavy whipping cream
- 4 ¾ dl (2 cups) applesauce
- Lemon balm leaves (optional - for decoration)
- Melt butter in a warm (but not hot) pan.
- Turn off heat, add breadcrumbs, sugar and cinnamon and stir until well incorporated.
- Remove breadcrumbs from pan and allow to cool.
- Using a standing mixer or hand mixer, whip cream until firm peaks form. Set aside.
- Add a layer of breadcrumbs to the bottom of your serving dish, then a layer of cream, and finally a layer of applesauce. Continue layering until serving dish is full.
- Top with lemon balm leaves for decoration and serve.
Serve in a glass bowl or individual glass dessert dishes to show off each layer of the dessert.
Recipe by Thanks For The Food at http://thanksforthefood.com/tilslorte-bondepiker/