Fresh pasta is made very easy with this recipe from Sophia at So Délices in Oslo. It’s comprised of two ingredients – flour and egg and it easily made in 30 minutes, including cooking time. Scale it up for more servings and top with your favorite sauce like my marinara sauce.
If you don’t have a pasta machine, roll the dough out as flat as you can, then cut it into strips using a knife. The final result will be more rustic, but delicious all the same.
- Per serving:
- 100g (3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon) flour (Typo ’00 if you can find it, otherwise all-purpose white flour is perfectly fine)
- 1 egg (large or extra large), beaten
- Pile the flour onto your countertop and make a well in the middle of the flour.
- In the center of the well, add the egg and begin to incorporate with the flour starting with the inner part of the well. The dough should come together after a few minutes.
- After the dough comes together, knead the dough with both hands until smooth and the flour is well incorporated. If the dough is sticky, add a bit of flour to the mix and keep kneading. The final resulting dough should be smooth, elastic and give a bit when touched (but not sticky).
- Allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes under a tea towel, then roll it out on a lightly floured surface.
- The dough is now ready to be cut into strips using your pasta machine.
- To cook, bring a large pot of water to a boil then add a tablespoon of salt to the water. Drop the pasta in to the water and allow it to cook until it floats to the top or ‘al dente’, about 3-5 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with your favorite sauce or simply olive oil and grated Parmesan cheese.