A few years back I got really into drinking smoothies every morning as a way to make sure I had something in my “tank” before I left for work. I’ve tried smoothies based on hemp milk and cashew milk, but this one, based on vegetables commonly grown in Norway, is my favorite.
This recipe offers a great opportunity to use as many organic fruits and vegetables as you can, since many of the ingredients are on the so-called “Dirty Dozen” list of foods with the highest pesticide loads.
- 1 large bag of spinach
- 2 cucumbers
- Half a fresh pineapple, cubed
- ½ avacado, peeled
- 1 small handful strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 250 milliliters (1 cup) coconut water (plain water is also fine)
- 1 or 2 Medjool dates (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.