I absolutely adore cod. This recipe for Italian baked cod is a fab way to cook cod if you can get your hands on good-quality fish from your fishmonger. Also, this is a great way to use my basic marinara sauce if you don’t eat or like pasta.
I know, I know – who doesn’t like pasta right? But a lot of people nowadays are gluten sensitive or follow a restricted diet that pasta just doesn’t fit into. Serve this dish with rice, quiona, potatoes or even a simple side salad.
Italian Baked Cod
Author: Whitney Love
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 325ml (1½ cups) of your favorite marinara sauce
- 4, 125g (ca. 4.5 oz.) cod filets
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 175 C/350 F.
- Coat the bottom of a baking dish with the olive oil.
- Cover the bottom of the dish with ½ the marinara sauce.
- Place the cod fillets in the dish, on top of the marinara sauce.
- Top the filets with remaining pasta sauce.
- Bake 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the fish is firm when touched with a fork and flakes easily.
- Remove the dish from the oven and top the fish with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Try my basic marinara sauce for use with this recipe http://thanksforthefood.com/basic-marinara-sauce/
Thank you for the recipe. We prepared the dish with a side salad and Chardonnay, and very impressed on how it was so light and tasty. This dish has so many options available to add your own personal touch. Next time we’ll add sliced portobello mushrooms sauteed in garlic and olive oil to the marinara sauce.
Made this today. It was excellent! Served it over thin spaghetti with a cesar salad and red wine.