I absolutely adore cod. This recipe for Italian baked cod is a fab way to cook cod if you can get your hands on good-quality fish from your fishmonger. Also, this is a great way to use my basic marinara sauce if you don’t eat or like pasta.
I know, I know – who doesn’t like pasta right? But a lot of people nowadays are gluten sensitive or follow a restricted diet that pasta just doesn’t fit into. Serve this dish with rice, quiona, potatoes or even a simple side salad.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 325ml (1½ cups) of your favorite marinara sauce
- 4, 125g (ca. 4.5 oz.) cod filets
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 175 C/350 F.
- Coat the bottom of a baking dish with the olive oil.
- Cover the bottom of the dish with ½ the marinara sauce.
- Place the cod fillets in the dish, on top of the marinara sauce.
- Top the filets with remaining pasta sauce.
- Bake 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the fish is firm when touched with a fork and flakes easily.
- Remove the dish from the oven and top the fish with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!