This recipe is made easy using a slow cooker. If you don’t like your applesauce spiced, leave out the spice mix.
Author: Whitney Love
- 10 apples, skinned, cored and cubed
- 2 vanilla beans, cut lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar or brown sugar
- Spice Mix
- 1 cinnamon stick, whole (2,5 cm or 1-inch long)
- ¼ teaspoon cloves, ground
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- ¼ teaspoon allspice, ground
- Add all ingredients into a 4-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, or on low for 4 hours.
- Remove cinnamon stick and serve warm or chilled with heavy whipping cream or ice cream.