I love these Vietnamese style spring rolls because they aren’t fried and I can use whatever vegetables, proteins or herbs I have on hand to make them. Talk about EASY and convenient to make-not to mention healthy!
The wrappers keep fresh for a long time without refrigeration as long as they stay dry. Also, depending on how you layer in the ingredients, they can be quite impressive for your guests if you serve them at a party.
For this recipe you will need:
* Rice paper wrappers (one for each spring roll)
* Your choice of julienned, finely sliced or grated vegetables (ex: julienned napa cabbage –aka kinakål in Norwegian, grated carrots, thinly sliced cucumber, thinly sliced spring onions, bean sprouts, julienned lettuce, avocado slices, etc.)
* Your choice of protein (ex: cooked chicken, cooked shrimp, minced pork, scrambled eggs, fried tofu) (optional but great!)
* Your choice of fresh herbs – cilantro/coriander works well, so does basil (optional but great!)
* Roasted peanuts broken into small pieces (optional but great!)
* 1 package vermicelli rice noodles, prepared according to package directions (optional)