Crab salad is something I’ve fallen in love with since I moved to Norway, especially since fresh crab meat is pretty amazing here and available in most grocery stores. This recipe will keep your kitchen cool this summer and the chickpeas will help keep you full without feeling heavy.
Crab Salad with Dill and Chives
Author: Whitney Love
- 300g (10.5 oz) white crabmeat, shredded (you can also use imitation crab if good quality crab meat isn’t available in your area)
- 300ml (1 cup) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and washed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- Add the crabmeat, mayonnaise, chives, dill and lemon juice together in a large bowl. Be careful to fold and not mix as you do not want to mash the crabmeat together too much.
- Mix in the chickpeas and red bell pepper.
- Allow the salad to chill for at least 30 minutes before serving on bread, or lettuce leaves.
Got a comment?