Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
Author: Whitney Love
- 500 grams (ca. 1 pound) butternut squash
- olive oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- chili oil (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Cut the squash in half and place cut side up on a parchment paper lined baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Place baking tray into a pre-heated 190 C/ 375 F oven, for an hour, or until the squash flesh turns very dark brown.
- After the squash have roasted in the oven, allow to cool completely.
- When the squash halves have cooled, scoop out the squash flesh and place into a blender.
- Add water to blender and blend on medium-high until the squash is a smooth liquid.
- Melt the butter in a large pot on medium heat.
- Carefully add the smooth squash pulp to the pot, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the soup, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until it is warmed through.
- Serve warm with chili oil and sour cream.
Recipe by Thanks For The Food at https://thanksforthefood.com/butternut-squash-soup/