Recipe type: Thanksgiving
- 400 g (2 cups) sugar
- 250 ml (1 cup) orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 380 g (about 4 cups) fresh or frozen cranberries
- Add all ingredients except the cranberries to the slow cooker, and turn on low.
- Stir the mixture until the sugar dissolves almost completely. This should take ca. 2 minutes.
- Add the cranberries and cook on low for 7 hours.
- After 7 hours, turn the slow cooker off and allow the cranberries to stay in the slow cooker for another hour.
- After an hour, place the cranberry mixture in a container and place in the fridgerator. Allow to cool until cold, then serve and enjoy.
Recipe by Thanks For The Food at https://thanksforthefood.com/cranberry-sauce/