Recipe type: Thanksgiving
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat
- 500 g. (1 pound) ground chicken or ground turkey
- 250 g. (2 cups) onion, diced
- 250 g. (2 cups) celery, diced
- 2 loaves (or about 10 cups) cornbread, crumbled
- 700 ml. (2¾ cups) turkey, chicken or vegetable broth (I recommend Better Than Bouillon)
- 2½ teaspoons dry sage
- 2½ teaspoons celery salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red peppercorns (optional)
- Preheat over to 165 Celsius (325 Fahrenheit).
- Over medium heat, melt bacon fat in a pan until it melts, then add ground meat, onions and celery. Cook over medium heat until the onions are soft and the meat is throughly cooked. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Bake mixture in a covered dish for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
Recipe by Thanks For The Food at https://thanksforthefood.com/cornbread-stuffing/