Recipe type: Christmas
- 200 g ( ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons) butter
- 200 g (1 cup) sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon inverted sugar syrup (lys sirup på norsk)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 300 g (2½ cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- pearl or dematra sugar
- chopped almonds
- Cream butter and sugar together well using a hand-mixer or standing mixer.
- After the butter and sugar have been creamed together, mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Remove cookie dough from the bowl on to a lightly floured surface and knead slightly for about 1 minute.
- Once the dough is slightly kneaded, section into 4 parts, and allow dough to rest in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- While the dough is in the refrigerator, preheat oven to 175C/345F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and flatten one section using a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, cut each section into strips, place on the baking sheet.
- Brush each cookie slightly with the beaten egg, then sprinkle with the copped almonds and sugar.
- Bake the cookies for about 10-12 minutes in oven, or until the reach the desired color.
Recipe by Thanks For The Food at https://thanksforthefood.com/brune-pinner/