Shredded Chicken Breasts in the Slow Cooker
Author: Whitney Love
- 1 kg (ca. 2 lbs.) frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast pieces
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the chicken breasts into the slow cooker and top with the salt and black pepper.
- Turn the slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours (depending on the internal temperature of your slow cooker, some run warmer than others).
- The chicken has cooked when the juice from the thickest part of the thickest chicken breast runs clear and the meat is no longer pink.
- Once the chicken is cooked, move it to a heat proof bowl and and allow it to rest for 10 minutes. Once cooled, pull the chicken meat apart using two forks.
Recipe by Thanks For The Food at https://thanksforthefood.com/shredded-chicken-in-the-slow-cooker/