Author: Whitney Love
Recipe type: Norwegian
- 6 eggs
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground cardamom
- 180 ground (11/2) cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 250 grams (1 cup) sour cream
- 120 grams (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- Non-stick cooking spray or melted butter for cooking
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, whip the eggs, sugar, and cardamom together until the mixture is quite aerated and turns pale yellow.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Mix the sour cream and butter into the egg mixture, then add in the dry ingredients. Allow the batter to rest for 20 minutes at room temperature. (Do not skip this step.)
- Five minutes before the end of the resting period, preheat your waffle iron.
- When the iron is hot, spray with cooking spray or brush with melted butter and pour the batter into the iron, taking care not to over- or under-fill the waffle iron.
- Cook the waffle until slightly brown, then remove from the iron and serve.
Recipe by Thanks For The Food at https://thanksforthefood.com/norwegian-waffle-recipe/